Thank you for joining Community Empowerment as we continue our mission to serve communities in need. Practitioners, artists and volunteers, such as yourself, have been traveling with us to Dominican Republic since 2003 and Haiti since 2010. We're pleased to welcome you to the family.
Congratulations on your decision to travel with us to the mountains of Peralta, Dominican Republic! Community Empowerment has been working there since 2003. Every year, teams of doctors, nurse practitioners, surgeons and medical, nurse and PA students work with local healthcare providers to serve the tight-knit members of the community.
Congratulations on your decision to travel with us to Haiti! Community Empowerment has been working in the cities of Jerusalem and Port-au-Prince since the 2010 earthquake. Every year, teams of doctors, medical, nurse and PA students work with local healthcare providers to serve members of the ever-changing communities.
global health reading list
Articles & Reports
- Delivery of Priority Health Services: Searching for Synergies within the Vertical Versus Horizontal Debate
- Millennium Development Goals Report 2015
- The MDG Report 2015 Fact Sheet
- Ethical Considerations for Short-term Experiences by Trainees in Global Health
- Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
Reading Specific to Surgery
Pay for you, a friend or a loved one's trip to practice medicine in the Dominican Republic or Haiti.
Note, if you are donating on behalf of someone else, please make sure to identify the recipient in your payment.