Looking forward: Goals and challenges
Community Empowerment is focusing on the sustainability and growth of our programs, while optioning new communities in need.
- Execute the next phase of an electronic medical system
- Complete a “health needs” survey in Jerusalem.
- Source medicine within Haiti
- Expand orthopedic program in the Dominican Republic
- Partner with the Red Cross to provide vaccinations and prenatal care in Haiti
- Certify clinic in Haiti and DR with respective Ministries of Health (applications have been submitted)
- Form partnerships with local medical schools in Haiti and the DR in order to increase local presence in our clinics while benefitting the students’ learning curriculum.
- Grow educational programs in Bolivia and Liberia
- Create a student orientation and preparation “boot camp” to best prepare volunteer students
- Centralize recruitment and enrollment for volunteer providers for all sites
- Engage alumni volunteers in ongoing work
- Work with local officials and medical providers to assess the need for primary care and opportunities for community development in the Central Plateau of Haiti; Trinidad, Bolivia; and Phebe, Liberia